Healthy gums mean healthy teeth, so finding ways to keep your gums in top condition is pivotal to good oral care. Here are 10 ways to keep your gums healthy to maintain a beautiful smile.
- Change your toothbrush regularly to avoid re-introducing bacteria into your mouth from a dirty toothbrush.
- Drink a cup of unsweetened green tea each day. The flavonoid help prevent harmful bacteria from sticking to your teeth and gums.
- Choose alcohol free mouthwash to prevent drying out your gums, which can encourage bacterial growth.
- Drink lots of water to help flush out harmful bacteria from your mouth. You’ll have the added benefits of a glowing complexion and a healthy digestive system.
- Brush in a circular motion, not back and forth, to clean plaque off your teeth better, especially at the gum line, and prevent damage to your delicate gums.
- Floss at least once a day or as recommended by your dentist. Removing food buildup and bacteria from between your teeth helps avoid gingivitis.
- Consume dairy products such as calcium rich milk daily to prevent gum disease and keep teeth healthy and strong.
- Uses a tongue scraper after brushing to remove bacteria and protect your whole mouth, not to mention keep your breath fresh.
- If you smoke, it’s a good idea to cut the habit, not only for your general health, but for healthy gums as well.
- Visit your dentist regularly, since you may already be developing gum disease and don’t know it yet. Stick to the twice a year schedule recommended by your dentist to maintain excellent oral health.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.