Complete dentures are used when all teeth are missing. They come in handy especially when you prefer a more affordable alternative to replacing missing teeth. If you are looking to find out more about complete dentures in Stamford, read on…
What are complete dentures?
Also known as full dentures, complete dentures take up the whole mouth rather than part of the mouth like partial dentures. Complete dentures are usually removable and can be removed any time the wearer prefers to. The component that makes a complete denture is mostly acrylic.
Complete dentures in children and adolescents who are still growing will need to be adjusted and/or remade on a routine basis to compensate for growth in the jaw. For adult wearers, at the initial stage of loss of teeth, dentures are to be remade or relined every 6 to 8 months. But once gum shrinkage has stopped, dentures can be worn for a few years before replacement.
Advantages of complete dentures
- Have been tried, tested and used throughout the ages
- Cheaper than certain alternative options
- Easily adjusted and maintained
- Does not require prior surgery, all you need is to measure your gums to fit in the dentures
- Temporary dentures are readily available if relines or remakes are required
- Assist in eating habits, especially when all tooth is gone
- Wearing dentures will allow you to speak with clarity.
- Enhance smile of the wearer
- They support face muscles, and take years off the client’s appearance.
- Modern dentures are comfy compared to the earliest dentures (made from wood and ivory)
If you are in Stamford and you are looking to get complete dentures we at Stamford Dental Spa have trained and highly experienced professionals that can provide you with the proper dental care you and your loved ones need. Give us a call at (203) 324-7777 to book an appointment.