Congratulations! You have made a significant investment to improve your smile by opting in ClearCorrect aligners. The recommendations of the dentist should be strictly followed to ensure a favorable outcome. ClearCorrect may be designed to accurately fix teeth imperfections, but to make it work, the commitment of a patient is needed.
Wearing the aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day, switching the trays on time, and following the correct order should be observed. Proper care of the teeth and the oral appliance should also be practiced. Helping our patients in any way possible is our duty at Stamford Dental Spa. To make sure that their ClearCorrect treatment would work effectively, here are some tips for its proper care!
- Using a soft-bristled toothbrush is ideal for it can keep the aligners sanitized while making sure it remains undamaged.
- Clear, gentle antibacterial soaps work best for the invisible aligner. The staining and abrasive properties of other cleansers may compromise the overall function of the oral appliance.
- Never boil or use hot water to the aligners for it will warp the materials beyond wear.
- Make sure to avoid colored mouthwash when soaking the tray since it can cause discoloration. Denture and retainer solutions are good choices, however, consulting a dentist for what is best would be ideal.
- Clean the dental appliance often. Eliminating any harmful substances like bacteria and food particles will keep the teeth protected. Dental complications caused by these substances may jeopardize the whole treatment.
- Utilize the case given for proper storing. Do not mindlessly wrap it with tissue for it can be mistaken as trash and it also increases the likelihood of misplacement.
- Always remove the aligners when cleaning, eating, and drinking beverages other than water.
- Proper hygiene should still be practiced. Make sure to brush, floss, and rinse regularly to keep the teeth healthy.
- Clean the teeth before putting the aligners back on. Do not allow bacteria to accumulate and produce acids that may wear down the enamel. Maintaining an excellent oral health condition is crucial for the desired outcome.
To guarantee better results, follow the given instructions and make sure to see us at Stamford Dental Spa every four to six weeks. We can keep track of your teeth’s progress.
Bring out your best smile with ClearCorrect in Stamford, CT, book your appointments with Stamford Dental Spa! Call us to experience an outstanding treatment in making your teeth straighter, beautiful and healthy!